Saturday, February 25, 2006

We've all made a huge mistake...

This is not a good idea. This will eat up hours of my time... but wait a second... I think "time" is a load of crap! That's right! Vonnegut won me over in Slaughterhouse 5 and Timequake... I don't take "time" seriously. Regardless of my philosophical game of tiddly winks with a personified "time," I think this blog business intimidates me; especially with the recent outpouring of amazingly articulate blogs and posts by so many of my favorite people: Craig Nash (the Father of Blogs from Which All Posts and Original Ideas Eminate and To Whom All Ideas Will One Day Return Too), Harris-freaking-short-story-writing-Bechtol, CarnDawg (whose Blog requires an open window of Dictionary.Com and a handful of Ginko Biloba pills just to contain the knowledge he will no doubt drop), Air-Jordan Browning, SheaButta, Dudley, and so many others! How am I going to compete in the world of blogs? I can't. I will constantly leave the computer now with a deflated sense of self from looking at how puny my blogs look compared to the gathered works of the afformentioned.

Q: Why have I resisted so long?

A: I didn't want to deal with the fact that I cannot win in a head-to-head blogoff with any of these people.

Maybe this more accurately captures my hesitation in entering the world of Blog:

"If you go to the big city, and the university is a big city, then you're bound to meet Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Stay home, stay home."
-Kurt V.

7 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Craig said...

"I didn't want to deal with the fact that I cannot win in a head-to-head blogoff with any of these people."

And yet, with the amount of laughter I expended reading everything up to this, you have already won. (Perhaps it's the alcohol, but I doubt it. You're hilarious.)

Singleton is blogging and we have moved to the next level.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger harris said...

and the blog whore claims another. welcome to the family. love the vonnegut quote. great picture of the burger...it kind of makes me nauteous (sp?).

 
At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it already! I'm looking foward to your blog eating hours of my time as well.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger greenISgood said...

"Rocky" music please....Cue Rocky running up the Philadelphia capital stairs....(Take the burger outta his mouth, thank you).....

The baton has been passed - and now, in the words of Xibit, the web has been officially "PIMPED Out"! (I'm with you on the open Dict.com and GBiloba pills part - whew!)
Cheers SingleDiddy...DiddyTown...BigDiddy SouthSiiyeed...DaddyMatt...et.al

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

I agree with Craig. I've now woken up my wife with laud laughter, due to your witty humor.

Like Craig said. Someday when we're all, all over the earth, we'll be thankful for these addicting time wasters.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Singleton said...

Thanks guys! Made me feel welcome.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow your friends are witty and definitely do write well.

best of luck to you matt.

of course, this is the first entry of yours i've read so maybe you've already exceeded my expectations.

i'll get back to you on that though.

-erica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home