Monday, March 20, 2006

No Alanis, it isn't ironic.

I thought a lot of you might enjoy this article by a new favorite writer of mine (Zoe Williams), a columnist from an English news outlet called The Guardian. I was putting together a lesson on irony and stumbled upon an article by her which was so entertaining and informative that made me read more of her work (all very good).

Irony is one of the most misunderstood elements in English thanks in large part to people like Alanis Morrisette.

Here is the link to the article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,985375,00.html

Here is the link to a compilation of her other articles:
http://www.byliner.com/writer/?id=6171

I will try not to let you down too badly when I post stuff like this. I'm trying to make you happy. That's all I want.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I didn't read your post yet, but I wanted to comment and say...

You blog your little heart out Singleton. It makes me angry when people write lengthy crap on your blog about your opinions... it's a blog... it's opinionated.. and it's your opinion and your blog. Keep up the good work and keep up the opinions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home