Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Letter to the Home Offices of Taco Cabana©

To Whom It May Concern:

On my recent visit to your Taco Cabana eatery located in Waco, TX, I noted several discrepencies that initially concerened me and caused me mild panic, which was subsequently driven away by the calming effects of your bean and cheese tacos on my system. I would, however, like to point out some of these discrepencies so that you might know what it is, exactly, that is going on at your Waco location which is outside of my experience with Taco Cabanas in my home city (and your great eatery's home city), San Antonio.
Firstly, they are now offering dishes with seafood in them. Something about "Shrimp-sation" or very nearly that was posted on a wall and included all of your classic dishes with shrimp in them. I do not think there should be shrimp in Waco. Waco is very far inland, and shrimp come from the sea. Besides, I've had a personal beef with shrimp ever since my pronunciation was skewed by some of my friends, and I now sometimes make the mistake of calling them "Skrimps."
Secondly, your Waco location does not offer the breakfast taco combo 24 hours a day. How am I to dine on my papas con juevos? You force me to eat only bean and cheese, which has not done well for my digestive process! Think of the people you're hurting here!
Thirdly, you have developed a new "salsa"... something called "Pineapple Puree Salsa" or something to this idea. It should not be considered a salsa, and it should not be considered a good idea. It tasted like apple sauce. Seeing as how the main ingrediant is pineapple, this is confusing.
Lastly, I didn't have to throw away my own tray. A man named Ellison did this for me. He brought my order to me and cleaned up after me. While Ellison was great, I was a bit miffed. Are you trying to class up the joint? I don't like that idea. Keep it a little dirty please. I don't want the masses to feel too comfortable going there. I like that (as was a surprise to me when I moved to Waco) that T.C.'s (that's you) has a reputation of being "ghetto" in some circles. At first it hurt and confused me when I heard this. But then my first car was called ghetto by Baylorites, and I loved it. My first roomate was called ghetto, I loved him. I was called ghetto, my jeans were once called ghetto as were my shoes, hats, eating habits, and ass at one point or another. So don't change that. Leave the little bits of cheese from previous diners on the table, or the empty salsa cups. That's you, Taco Cabana... don't let them change you.

Sincerely,
Matt Singleton
Long Time Taco Cabana Goer
Original Taco Cabana Eater
San Antonio Native
Member of the Taco Cabana Sean Elliot Kids Club
Faithful Customer

8 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taco C! People here think that Taco Bell is Mexican food...it's disturbing!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Jason Powers said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Jason Powers said...

If you don't raise hell against injustice, then who will? That's all I wanna know. If not you, then who? My one question is when people stopped calling your ass ghetto?

Slingin the trufe,
Powers

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Singleton said...

haha... I guess that is still an issue I face.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sure they need to add a fat sleeping security guard also, geesh when will the waco TC's learn!

-sal

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

Singletown

I don't really have a comment becuase I haven't ever been a TC.

but ...thinking...my neighbors dog had puppies!!!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Paola said...

Matt, the thing is Wacoans have no idea how to run a T.C. the only real connoisseurs are in El Paso and San Antonio!....

shrimp-sation??? NO!!!!!!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Meg said...

I like Taco bueno. That's where all us cool kids in Highschool in McKinney hung out. Right before the field parties.. wooo hoooo !!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home